Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Harley, My In-laws and Saying goodbye to Ol' White-y!

This weekend was like no other the Jacobs-6 have ever had. There was a lot of laughing and some crying. (okay- I think I was the only one that did the crying)

Where do I even start???

Last Sunday, Jon got a phone call from his family. His Uncle finds crashed Harleys and fixes them up. I guess there was an auction in Pasco that he bought a wrecked Harley at. Jon was asked to pick it up and hang onto it for a couple days. Jon's parents decided to come and get it to bring back to his uncle. The kids' primary program was also this Sunday so they decided to stay long enough to see the kids say their parts in the program.



I had it planned for quite awhile that I was gonna go to Portland on fri and do some tax-free Christmas shopping there. (And I had some personal business there also) My in-laws weren't due to arrive until later that afternoon.

***

**

*
It was about 12pm when I started my shopping and after hitting Anthropologie (and feeling pretty swell about the sooooo cute $30 dress I got there)-decided to hit my fav. Goodwill (in the ritzy side of town).
*

*
I had just pulled onto the highway when some strange light on the dashboard came on. I also noticed that our old white mini-van was not shifting gears like it should. (Oh! $#%&@!!!)

*

*
I pulled over at a Schucks thinking that maybe I could have someone help me install......something.... if I had to and looked up what the heck the light on the dashboard meant in the manual).
*

*

(Uh- Oh! ...Engine Trouble. Nooooot good.)
*

*

Luckily there was a Firestone accross the street. I cruised over there and was told it would take about 2+ hours to fix. I was on the same street as my favorite Goodwill- so not a big prob.

*

*

Called Jon and told him the 411.

*

*

2+hours later I called Jon back to tell him that it would take 3-4 days and upteen dollars to fix the car. (And they aren't sure if the engine trouble is also causing the worsening electrical problems we are having lately- but probably not. (which would mean- more time and $ would have put into repairing it)

*

*
When I told the guy at the repair shop that I lived in Pasco and needed to get home that day, he replied, (in his happiest voice) "Oh- I have been to Pasco. ("Nice bud, but it doesn't help me that YOU have been there.")

*
*

Jon's parents walked in the front door just as I finished telling him the bad news. Jon hopped in his truck and sped on over to Oregon.

*

*

I declared Jon my Knight-in-shining-armour who always rescues his princess. (Okay- you can stop gagging now-I don't care what you say- he is still my hero!)

*

*

Long story short, we ditched our beloved old family mini-van that gave us soooo many memories. (Just left it right there)

We bought a new mini van the next day that has more dang 'bells and whistles' on it than a Vegas showgirl. (But that is a whole other post!)

My Love and many thanks to my in-laws who really saved the day. Thanks for watching the kiddos for us. You are amazing. (Next time you visit, I can promise you there won't be as much drama- Okay- maybe I can't promise that- after all- you have seen Jack-lol)

4 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm glad everything worked out for the best!

Kristi said...

Wow, that really was some weekend! I'm glad you at least got a supercute outfit out of the deal and a new minivan doesn't hurt, either! :-)

Sonja said...

Wow, there is a reason your inlaws were suppose to come!

Yay for the new van and your knight!

Lillian Callister said...

Wow. Anthro and a new van in one weekend?? Lucky!!!!