Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Silver Lining


(It really does happen to be silver) This car is really growing on me. Not that I didn't like it before- it was just really new and has sooooo many gizmos on it that I couldn't even figure out how to preset my stations. (Until just today). My fav part is that it has automatic doors that open with the punch of a button. It also has seats that heat up by themselves. I feel as though I am out of the stone age and away from cars that you have to open by yourself and heat with your own butt. (The horror!-lol)


It also has a sunroof. Why on earth does anyone need a sunroof in a minivan? The minivan is not sleek and "cool" like sporty little cars with sunroofs. The only reason that I would think it would have one is to open it up and say, Why me?? Why do I have all these kids."-lol At least now when I say it I have a better view than the felted roof.


The kiddos love it and Jon says it is fancier than his truck. I am a pretty lucky girl, I guess!!!

But my Fav, Fav, Favorite part is that it is NOT white. Growing up in Vegas, we always had white vehicles because white is the coolest (I mean temp wise) that you can get. As I got older- I realized that they are a LOT of white minivans out there. A LOT.
*
*
You wanna hear a funny story... (I am sure you do.)
*
*
Last spring I went to Costco. I had the little boys with me and had to hurry pick the other ones up from school. I ran to the van, threw open the door and went to toss in one of the boys when I took a look.
*
*
Wait.... a.... minute............
*
*
*
NOT my minivan.
*
*
Embarrassed and not wanting to get caught opening someone else's minivan, I quickly shut the door.
*
*
This set off the alarm.
*
*
The mini van that was NOT mine was LOUD. I booked it over to our van (next isle over) and tossed the boys and everything I bought inside. I was returning the cart when I noticed that gobs of people were looking at the now ear-piercing screams coming from the OTHER WHITE MINIVAN.
(I think I acted just as confused as they were- "Yeah who's the dummy that set that thing off, cuz it sure is annoying!!?!? -Geez!")
*
*
When we went to pick out a new van, we told the dealers what our needs were and then they asked if I had a color preference. I said , "Yeah- not white"
*
Silver isn't my first choice, But hey, it's NOT white!!!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

You're going to love having a hot butt during winter time!!!! Keeps you nice and toasty.