Friday, February 26, 2010

And We're Off!

Tomorrow Carli is going to Spokane (with just her 2 parents, as a friend of our family will watch all 3 boys) She is competing (in a team) in a DI competition. DI stands for Destination Imagination. It is a problem solving group. They will give the team a problem to solve and they will solve it with absolutely no help from adults. Other groups are builders, that design or build objects that have to do a certain thing and give them like, only 5 materials to use. Carli's group decided that they liked more of the impromptu problem solving. Acting, talking, verbally getting your idea across. Her group will perform 3 times tomorrow. I am excited for her. They have had practices for months just to prepare for this day. We get to leave super early, but it will be a lovely day spent with our daughter!

Update:We had a great time last weekend with our daughter. She was amazing! They only had 2 challenges (not 3 like I thought). She spent the last 3 months researching all kinds of endangered things for the main challenge. Like I said before, it was improv, so they pulled one of their researched endangered things out of a hat. It was Glaciers. They had to decide if they wanted to save the glaciers or not and then work it into their skit with super hero powers. It was really cute. (Of course I forgot my camera and can kick myself. )

The other challenge was not open to parents and the kids are not allowed to discuss it with anyone (yeah- I think it is weird too) but I guess, there are more competitions for the winners of this one, so they may want to use that one again.


Carli's team got one of the lowest scores. They are pretty hard on their scoring. I would have given her a million points just for being cute. But I guess they don't score on account of cuteness. They got 133 points out of 300 for their first challenge. They had 100 possible points on their 2nd challenge, but I haven't heard the results of that yet. I think her team was awesome!

No comments: