Friday, May 21, 2010

I Don't Get IT!

Picture taken at Disneyworld

I like my blog because I can edit out all the things that are "not as much fun" when it comes
to raising kids. (I can look like a wonderful mother (swoon) At the risk of sounding negative, I thought I would post an example of many of my conversations with my kids.....

I will set it up. Yesterday morning Nolan had appox. 3 mins before catching the bus. He was looking for his shoes.

Me: Nolan, If you are looking for your other tennis shoe, I know it is downstairs in your closet.

Nolan: Oh! Thanks, (and takes off downstairs.)

Nolan: (Coming back upstairs.) I couldn't find it.

ME: Seriously, I know it is down there. Did you look behind the curtain?

Nolan: Yep, I did.

ME: You are sure you didn't see it in your closet?

Nolan: No, it is not there.

Me: (running downstairs with 30 secs until bus comes) pushing back closet curtain to find shoe in the middle of the closet against the wall with no other obstructions. (In clear view)

Me: (Running back upstairs) Nolan, your shoe was in the middle of your closet. Why didn't you see it?

Nolan: oh. I don't know.

Me (Trying to teach my kids to pay attention and be observant) well, did you pull back the curtain?

Nolan:: Yeah. I didn't see it.

Me: (Wondering how on earth he could miss it) How could you not see it, it was right there on the floor.

Nolan: Well- I didn't really look on the floor.

Me: ...ar... th...eh....What???

Me: (making some snarky comment about not expecting objects you are looking for to float out in front of you- tells my son the bus is waiting for him)

It is days like this that I wonder why I have any hair left.

Have a great Weekend!

5 comments:

Raina said...

hee hee! i think i had a similar conversation with my husband last week, and the week before and the week before that... :)

us8now9.blogspot.com said...

That is soooo normal! Pam

LKP said...

ok, so i feel good to know we've got the same LP record in our motherhood kits...however, i think mine's defective cause that exact same scenario plays over & over & over ....i'm hating that broken record part of my life! ugh. you handled it with more grace than me. but i do love that you kept the sitch real and didn't pretty it up. =) helps me feel not so lonely. thanks!

p.s. i LOVE the word snarky!

Mandy Jarvis said...

Had a day like that today myself...lets just say I won't be getting the best mother award as far as my son is concerned!

Deborama said...

Our convo's usually go like this. I can't find it;
go look again this time with your eyes open;
still can't find it;
now go look without your man eyes and look with your Mom eyes. :)