Friday, June 11, 2010

Anything to Make My Life Yummy..er..uh...Easier!

Last year- I wanted grilled veggies without having to put each veggie on a skewer. So I went to Walmart and bought a grill basket. I cut all my veggies and put them in the basket, so excited to eat them from the grill. Then a horrible unexpected thing happened. I went to stir them and they all fell through the grill basket and through the grill and onto my feet. After many choice words, that I will not reveal in this post, I counted my loses and put away my grill basket for good as far as veggies are concerned. (Thinking that I may use it someday with something else).

A couple of weeks ago, I was at Ross. (Where I found some lovely sateen, high thread count, sheets for $30) While in the checkouts, my eyes fell upon this grill basket, just right there by the registers. It was an impulse buy (I came in for sheets- not a grill basket) but snatched it up and I am sooooo glad I did. With a little oil and some Johnny's seasoning our veggies were fabulous! And the best part- my feet are burn-free!

Lesson Learned: Shop at Ross for grill baskets.

3 comments:

Deborama said...

mmmmm yum! I have never thought of that, Im so silly! I love barbq veggies! How are you? What are your summer plans?

dale said...

YOU can use it for fies & frozen fish cakes Also HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Mandy Jarvis said...

Mmm Thanks for the tip...Love grilled veggies, don't love skewering as many as I like to eat! BTW sorry we missed Bridgers party, just saw the invite today!(Sunday) We, of course haven't mentioned that to Corbyn...he'd be devastated!