Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Buzz Buzz...Splat!

We are BUSY-BEES! Why is it that when the kids were toddlers, I would do ANYTHING to pass the day along. I couldn't give them enough to do. And I just couldn't wait till Jonny got home to take over entertaining them. Now- even thought the kids are in school all day we are soooo busy in the evenings. And it isn't even like we have tons of extra activities that we have purposely busied ourselves with.
But I do find it important that they have some activities that they learn to do.
We currently are in:
Piano (Both Kids and Bridge will start next yr.)
Sylvan (for Nolan twice a week)
Basketball (Carli- twice a week plus Sat. games)
Scouts (Nolan)

Not to mention that Bridger goes to Preschool and needs to be dropped off and picked up. And in May, Carli will start Achievement Days in Church. I can remember all of my friends with older kids who said that they couldn't squeeze the smallest thing in their week cuz it would be an overload for them. And I totally couldn't relate. But I am starting to feel that way now. Wednesdays are the worst.
I now get to add Taxi Driver to my very long list of "Mommy Jobs"
Sorry if I am complaining. But you will never hear me complaining about being bored though!

2 comments:

Lillian Callister said...

I know what you mean. Evelyn, Lilly and Tessa all do ballet, I am at the ballet studio 3 different days. Evelyn does violin and Lilly does cello, plus activity day, and volunteering in both classrooms, I get tired thinking about it.

(The really yellow one was before. The one of evelyn is hard to tell because it came out so small, but the background is what I color corrected. I know it is lame to be excited about but I really don't get out much.)

Nicki said...

Taxi driver, I wish. At least I'd get paid;) Actually, maybe my kids would stay home more if I charged them for rides places. I know they'd start riding there bikes a lot more. I loved your post. It makes me feel better, because I am constantly running and love a day just to be bored.