Friday, April 17, 2009

The Great Escape!

One day, (a couple of weeks ago) I put Jack down (downstairs as usual) for his nap. The kids were all at school and Jon at work- so it was just me (and a sleeping Jack) left in the house. It was a busy morning and I had a lot to do- so I was pretty busy but kept hearing little noises. I just thought it was from the radio- (Which is usually on in the kitchen) or just Jack being loud downstairs, I dismissed the strange noises and got back to work. I went in my room to put on a little tv and fold laundry (like who can fold laundry and not watch HGTV???) I had just put it on and turned around and.....


THERE WAS JACK!

He scared the #%$@ out of me!!! He was playing with something on my bed-side table and turned around and squealed with delight that I saw him.

I quickly went back over the process of laying him down. (I did lay him down...didn't I?) YES! I did- so what was the lil' stinker doing upstairs? Was there someone downstairs that assisted in taking him out? Should I be worried that a stranger was in the house? I was freaked out for quit some time and then Jon watched him later that night. Yes he can escape.


Quick background- Jack preferred to sleep in his portable crib. So when we discovered that he can escape that- We put him in his wooden (normal-sized crib).


Whew! There is no way he can escape that! So the next day I put him down for a nap in his big crib. 15 minutes later... Here comes Jack. Up the stairs and in the kitchen! Squealing with joy at escaping.


Jon thought and thought about what we could do to keep him in his crib. I researched on the Internet to see if there was some kind of structure to make the crib higher.


We finally ended up putting the portable crib in between the bunk beds and the wall. Then we have to scoot the big wooden crib up against that. He wasn't happy about it at first- but has gotten used to it now.

I asked Jon, "Why does Jack escape when none of the other 3 kids ever did?"

Jon said, "We have never had a Jack before".

4 comments:

Deborama said...

That is so funny! Avery learned way too young to escape and stopped taking naps WAY before I was ready, hmmmm I wonder why she is the LAST baby! :) We never had an AVERY before! :)

Jodi said...

That is so cute! We only had one escape artist - Kyle. I kept Bennett in a crib until 3 1/2 because I knew he wouldn't try escaping and keep taking his beloved naps.

Lillian Callister said...

Hey Tara- Stephen loves your play list but says it has changed and he enjoyed your old one better.

LaDeaux family said...

That is hilarious. The things we come up with to keep our kids doing what they need to do. I am laughing about the whole new crib setup. Good luck with that.