Monday, January 18, 2010

Recipe Share

(Note: I got this pic from a recipe like this one online- I forgot to take one, but it looks similar to ours.)

My Mom-in Law gave me a cookbook that was put together with recipes submitted from people in her county down in Utah. I decided to try the cookbook and just about every meal we had last week came from the cookbook. Sunday night we had bacon and yummy ..............

Caramel French Toast
10 servings

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 cup butter

2 tablespoons corn syrup

10 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread

5 eggs, beaten

1 cup evaporated milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt

a dash of cinannmon

Combine brown sugar, margarine and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Pour syrup evenly into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange bread slices over syrup.

Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and salt and cinnamon; stir well. Slowly pour over bread slices. Cover and chill overnight.
Bake the french toast, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Turn upside down to serve.

The taste of this recipe is very much like sticky buns, but with a fluffier, more custardy interior.

3 comments:

us8now9.blogspot.com said...

Conner and I want to know how Big Fish Games work so when you get a chance would you call and tell me about it? Thanks.

Unknown said...

Yummy! I love french toast and will give it a try. It's Nicki by the way, not Kylie. Debbie said you might have a pair of leather pants Kylie might be able to borrow for her 10th Ave. show. If you do, could we try them out?

Lillian Callister said...

What time is breakfast served at your house? I may just drop my kids off one morning!