Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh Nootz!

Every Year at Christmas, Santa leaves nuts in every one's stockings. (One year, Santa forgot and Daddy was not happy with Santa.-lol) Last year, I noticed that after meals, my lips where stinging and itching and had little hives on them. I didn't think much of it the first couple of times, but then one time, I wanted to scratch them off. I couldn't figure out what was going on? Then later on that day, I was moving the uneaten nuts into a smaller bowl and it dawned on me. (Slap hand to forehead) Jon likes to shell and eat mixed nuts after meals, kinda like a dessert. Then, he kisses me and thanks me for lunch. Oh wait- did I mention that I am highly allergic to Brazil nuts? It was his (nutty) kisses.
Jack came and bit me after eating nuts this Christmas and my arm itched and started to get tiny little bumps. (After, I figured it out, I made Jon thoroughly brush his teeth/ mouth after each smooch.) You can see that this year- we still have ONLY Brazil nuts on our counter. I am thrilled that my sweet Jonny chooses kissing me over dining on nuts (or nootz- it you say it like the Mr. Salt in the old Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory-lol)

No comments: