Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to School Daze.

The kiddos and I get soooo burnt out last year wth school and school activities. I am so glad that we had a nice sumer break, so when school started last week, at least I was ready for it. The kids were another story. I was told every time I asked about school that my kids did not like it. (to put it mildly) (Did I mention that last year was tough???)
I got an idea from reading Nienie to have a back to school party. Here and here are hers. I thought it was a wonderful idea and even though the kids himmed and hawed about having one- I think that they thought it as fun too.
I wanted the theme to be centeed around Pres. Hinkley's 6 Be's. But we really didn't get to discuss it b4 chaos broke loose.
I made them crowns, but my kidos decied that they were too old for crowns- boo!


I found these cute baskets and hot dog tray awhile ago at Target and was waiting for a fun evening to use them. We have hotdogs,fries, tater tots (at Carli's request).....

and tiny cans of pop!




A school bus cake topped off our evening !


After dinner, we played the board game of, "Are you Smarter than a 6th grader"
So far so good with school this year.

3 comments:

Lillian Callister said...

How cute! I can't believe your kids didn't want to wear crowns! I think we had hotdogs that night too, not for a celebration but because we eat them about twice a week here. (small oven)

Kristi said...

Great job, Terra! I tried doing a fancy back-to-school dinner on the Sunday night before school, but it didn't work out very well. You know how some dinners end in melt-downs? Yeah, it was one of those nights. Hopefully this year will be so much better than last year!

Karey said...

Love this idea. I'll have to do that next year.