Thursday, October 8, 2009

Boy oh Boy!

General Conference was last Sunday- and I was able to watch more than I usually do. The kids were great on Sunday and actually listened (no really- I AM talking about My kids) I have been thinking all week how happy I am to have the love of my husband and children engulf and uplift me daily.

Yesterday, I watched Nienie (Stphanie Neilsen) on Oprah. I don't usually watch Oprah- but made a special effort not to miss it. Stephanie has always been an amazing wife and mother but was in a plane crash last year and is recovering from severe burns. She doesn't take motherhood for granted.
It gets hard sometimes. to be an amazing mother...or even a good mother...or sometimes just the mother. But Stephanie has been and is such a strength to me. She is amazing and loves the everyday stuff of raising her kids.


Today I had to run into Walmart really quickly before a dr.s appointment. Jack wandered off and found a tricycle that he needed to ride all over. I let him have his fun for a couple minutes, but didn't want to be late so decided to pull him off and take off. Then IT broke loose. (You know what I am talking about. ) The look-my-mom-is-abusing-me-by-not-letting-me-have what-I want-screaming started. The wrestling started a millisecond after the screaming. I wrestled him down the isles. I wrestled him to the front of the store. I wrestled him the whole time I was at checkouts. I wrestled him while I got my wallet out. People were watching. People were laughing. People were saying, Oh!- is he feeling ill?" I wanted to cry. I wanted to leave him there.
But I didn't.
I have been thinking a lot about this post from a dear friend a lot lately.
I am the mother. My hands are sometimes not just full but uncomfortably bloated
And then I stop and think of the alternative....
I guess I like the feeling of uncomfortably bloated hands!

1 comment:

l.a.c. said...

dear terra, your description is familiar to me...oh, so familiar! you are a super mom - SUPER! love to you on this day as we enjoy our little ones :)