Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Snake Pictures, Images and Photos

Carli is learning about China in school. She is just awed and simply excited to be learning these things. It really amazes me the level of her excitement for suddenly anything Chinese. After growing up with this girl and her mom (who was born in China) it is so neat to see my daughter's excitement to learn more about this country.

She is learning so much so fast. This morning she said, "Do you know that for New Years in China, they give out little red envelopes with money in them?". ...Oh! I almost forgot about that. Every year my Aunt would always give us a little red envelope with a dollar tucked neatly inside. It was my little Chinese gift. I loved it, but don't think that it is a tradition that I could keep up with as well as my aunt did.

Today, as soon as she came inside the house, she flung off her backpack and pulled out a restaurant placemat with the Chinese horoscope on it. The kids were just ecstatic as we talked about who was born in what year and what animal they were.

This is what we found out:

Mom: Rabbit, Dad:Boar Nolan: rabbit, Carli: snake, Bridger: Monkey, Jack: Boar

What are You???

1 comment:

dale said...

HI, Dale is a dog, Barbi is a Rat