Friday, January 2, 2009

To Wii Or Not To Wii

wii for mii Pictures, Images and Photos


Well, we did it. We cracked. We finally bought the kids a video game system. I know. I know. I said I NEVER would. But we did. And you know what? I don't regret it. (well, not yet anyway).

Nolan can get so obsessed with games that I thought that it would be for the best if we never got one. But we let him play computer games. Only that tactic backfired on us. What started out as educational, quality computer time turned into obsessive-hog -the-computer-and-download-all-kinds-of-games-from-the-Internet-constantly-breaking-the-computer-and-putting-viruses-on-it-and-inevitably-turning-little-brains-into-mush.

But with the wii- the kids can all play a game, they can get up and move about, and Nolan comes to me now and says that he has had enough of it for awhile. Hahahahaha- I CAN'T believe it! He has had enough of playing a video game!!!! I LOVE Wii!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lillian Callister said...

Hey we got our girls a wii too. Did your kids cry when someone in the video game got hurt. We seriously had balling when C3PO Lego man accidently lost a limb. My arm hurts from a rowdy tennis match yesterday. Someone is a poor loser!!

Raina said...

Has Nolan played video games with Uncle Derrick yet?!

terramisu said...

Rain-
Of Course! For a while there, they coulden't wait to get to U. D's cuz of all his game systems. (Oh and they love him- lol)

Sonja said...

Don't tempt me! I've been secretly dying for a Wii, but have yet to get my hands on one.

Jodi said...

We got one for Christmas too and I LOVE it! I want to get RockBand - we have Guitar Hero, but I like the singing and drumming too. :) Enjoy!