Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm a Mom!

Wow! I do understand how people feel when they look back at the years since their kids have been born and sigh and say, "It seems like yesterday."


To me it really DOES seem like yesterday that I held my first born in my arms, swaddled in blankets, and cried because he was so beautiful!


It seems like yesterday that Carli was born and I could hardly hear Jon tell me the color of hair she had cuz she was screaming so loud (something that lasted for waaaay tooo looong!)


Wasn't it yesterday that Bridger was born and was the calmest and cuddliest baby I have ever seen?


And Jack. It seems like yesterday that I held my last little baby in my arms and felt one more time what it was like to smell that baby smell and smile at his every whine and dirty diaper (c'mon like you didn't do it sometimes...)


My kids are amazing. They are growing up and teaching me so much. I am in awe every day of their changes and growth. I am proud to be their mother!



Do you know something that I like about being a mother amongst other mothers? I love when I meet someone for the first time and they look at Jack and say, "Oh... is he your first?" And then I say, "No, he's my fourth." You can see the surprise on their face slowly turn into respect. I am always amazed by this and quickly feel that I have made a connection with another mother.
Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Raina said...

Heck yeah you deserve lots of respect, esp with 4 kiddos! My one is all i can imagine handling--- i am in awe of you!

Jan said...

Way to roll mom. Nice picture. Woo Hoo...work it.

Sonja said...

Love your picture and yes, you deserve respect. I could only handle 4 kids for a few hours per day and then I'd be done.