Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's Great to be Eight!

I didn't blog last week. This is why. It seemed like every spare minute went into planning and preparing for my baby girl's eighth birthday party. She really has grown so fast. She is becoming a sweet and beautiful young lady. Carli wanted to celebrate her birthday at home. So we invited a gaggle of girls (it was a girls party only- we even got rid of her brothers for the afternoon) over for a fun-filled art party.



We traced each girl onto paper and then let her paint a self portrait (in actual size)They really got into it!


Then we came inside for a fun shirt painting project.
These were fun and easy!


We didn't get Carli's traditional rainbow cake from Costco this year. (as the kids only lick of the frosting of their one slice and then the whole cake is left for mom to devour- my hips screamed in protest!) But we made "creative" cupcakes. I got the idea Here!

They were pretty and 'fun' inside!

We also had an ice cream bar for the girl's to 'create' their own sundaes!




Each girl was sent home with her own "creative" bucket of craft supplies!
I still can't believe my baby girl is 8!
(Oh! Thank you Grandma Sharon- Carli got your package and loved everthing!-xoxo)

3 comments:

Deborama said...

Wow parties sure are amazing these days, what a good Mom, I want to come to the next one! :) She is such a sweetie! I love your yard it looks awesome! I love your post about being a Mom and I want to borrow that book and the second one too. :) Thanks for watching the girls for me!

Raina said...

What a fun party - great ideas! The last time I saw Carli she was like 3 so she certainly has grown up fast to me!

Robin said...

What a wonderful and artistic party you had! Great tips on fun ideas. Thanks for sharing and the link!