Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Auntie Terra!

Some people are born with nephews and nieces already. It will have taken me 33 1/2 years to become an aunt. But the news was much anticipated and well worth the long wait. I am so excited for my children that they will have their first cousin to play with. I can remember playing with my cousins. They lived close and we grew up like brothers and sisters. We always had a blast as kids.
Raina(4 years younger than me), Jonathan (6 years younger than me), U. Dale and A. Winnie
My cousins lived 3 blocks over and we spent so many nights at each others houses. I was bossy and mean and would play anything as long as I was in charge. I wonder how they ever put up with me.
My Aunt and Uncle were big influences in my life because they introduced the church to me. They also set such a big example to me in my life and I found myself wishing I could be crafty, creative and oh- so- elegant like my Aunt.
I hope that I deserve the "Aunt" title. It is a big thing to me and I just am counting down the days. (In fact I have a ticker on my sidebar to remind me-I'm not crazy about this or anything uh?!?).

Congratulations to the Expecting Parents!

Amy and Nathan (Jon's sis and bil)

(Just remember labor bites and Lamaze doesn't work!- epidurals are wonderful- they make you all warm and tingly...oh great, now I want one!)

What are you favorite baby names?

7 comments:

Jan said...

Congrats to you Auntie. I will tell you something, being an Aunt is the best. You will love it.

Favorite names: Brady, Rylie and Mattie Mae.

Jodi said...

You're so funny Terra. Congratulations on becoming an Aunt. I kind of wish "Aunthood" came to me later in life when I could enjoy it more. When you're a teenager, it's just not the same. Favorite names: Davis, Kyle, Jake, and Bennett. ;) and Lauren and Addison (Addy) for a girl

rip said...

Yay for Aunthood! I think you will be an awesome Aunt. I love the ticker!

Unknown said...

Terra you are awesome! We are betting that you will have the title as the Coolest/Best Aunt!

terramisu said...

Thanks Nathan!
Now I am off to protect my title!!!

Amy J. said...

Such exciting news! I hope all goes well.

Karey said...

congrats auntie. you'll be great.