Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Cookies

When I was growing up my mother had this cook book. (Its from 1983)I think that we made just about 90% of the cookies in it at one time or another. I remember every year she would make these cookies called Rudolph's Antlers. Every year we would forget about them until we saw them cooling in the fridge. Every year my mouth would drool just waiting to eat them. I have made them every year since before the kids were born. If I make no other cookie, I will certainly make these. I guess you could say they have somewhat become tradition in the Jacobs' home. They are so simple yet so yummy!
Here is some Christmas goodness from T~

1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup butterscotch pieces
2 cups chow mien noodles
12 maraschino cherries, halved

In a saucepan, melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in chow mein noodles. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a waxed paper lined baking sheet, making v-shaped cookies about 2 inches long. Place a cherry halve in the center of each. Chill in the fridge 1 to 2 hours or till firm. Makes 24 cookies. Enjoy and don't blame me for the extra weight you gain this Christmas! LOL!

3 comments:

Karey said...

Hey Terra,
Here it is: 3611 Doe Run Drive
Saint Cloud, FL. 34772

Our piano is about the same age and we got it in the paper too for $400. Funny.

Karey said...

How did you put the santa hats on? Love it!

l.a.c. said...

the antlers were delicious! "were" is the key word...as they are all gone now. AND the cookies were yummy too...was that cream cheese?