Monday, September 29, 2008

Hording!

Last year we discovered these wonderful candies. Candy corn flavored Hershey Kisses. They make the best cookies. The only prob.... is that there is only one store in which I have found these. Target. I went this year and bought 4 bags. I counted 60 kisses in a bag, so I figured out I could make 20 dozen of these before Halloween. They sell out fast and then they are impossible to get. (In fact, they were already gone at the Target that I went to). I won't even let the kids have any. Why are the good things always so hard to get?

The folks in our dinner group will be feasting on these beauties tonight. I have had many different variations of these Kiss Cookies, but this is the one Mom used to make. I will share the recipe. (Believe it or not, the candy- corn flavor really tastes good with the peanut butter in the cookies!) I like to make them and then freeze them before I cook them. (I swear they are softer this way!)
-
-
Cyclops Cookies
1/2 cup Marg. or butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons milk
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
milk chocolate kisses
sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer on med. for 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla, beat well.
- In med bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and soda. With a mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture.
-Turn oven to 375 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Poll in additional sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10- 12 mins.
-Immediately, press a choc. kiss on top of each cookie. (Wait until kiss is completely cooled).
Also- I just tried their pumpkin spice kisses. MMMMMM- Those are good too!

5 comments:

Jan said...

How fun Terra. Now these are my kind of candy corn. And the cookies look good.

The Evanites Tribe said...

those look great...by the way i tagged you! have fun!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I had no idea they even sold those kisses, probably because you've bought them all!!!

terramisu said...

Sarah-
I can't get on your blog. What is the address? I forgot.

Karey said...

Yum-o! I haven't heard of those candies.