Wednesday, September 24, 2008

S... L.... O... W...



Okay, so this isn't a blog about my brain. Instead it is about the 2nd slowest thing in our house,(or rather WAS) our computer. I can remember on occasion when my mom would use the term, "slower that molasses." Like when referring to traffic. "That car that just pulled out in front of us is going slower that molasses." So it got me thinking, just how slow is molasses? With my short encounters of working with the gooey substance, I can say that I know for a fact that our old computer was indeed "slower than molasses". We bought it when Carli was an infant and it didn't take long to become obsolete. Carli is now 7. So in computer years, our poor computer was about 5 jillion years old. After a terrible virus that was causing the computer to become very ill and extremely absent-minded (the poor thing was suddenly on non-speaking terms with the printer and in fact wouldn't recognize it even though they made many beautiful babies (copies) together as Saralyn pointed out to me) we realized it was time to find a new computer. So we got online and ordered a Dell. A beautiful, SLEEK, new Dell. It was great when we opened it up Thurs. and played games on lit and fell in love with the flat, wide screen. It was even great on fri. until it crashed that night and kept on crashing through the weekend. After many frustrating hours on the phone with the Dell Technical support technicians who were all from India and had the thick accents to prove it, we finally had someone come today to take 15 mins (exactly) and give us a new hard drive. That is why we haven't been blogging lately. Also, I will never take advantage of having a computer again- Having a slow computer is certainly NOT as bad as not having one at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer Dude! But I'm so happy for you and youre new computer:) I got that this year too...mine was from college:( I know EXACTLY what you mean about Dell customer service. ANNOYING!!!!