Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Adventures of Juan and Terrrrrrra (Part Cuatro)

Zip-lining in Puerto Vallarta
We decided to sign-up for zip-lining before we ever left home. We looked at all the excursion packages of things to do during our time in Mexico and decided to try Zip-lining. Jon and I read and talked about all the excursions together and when we got the this one he said, "Well, you probably won't do that."
You see, I am terribly afraid of heights. My sweet Jonny knows this as does anyone who is close to me. Heights freak me out. I read the description of the activity and declared,
"Wait a minute, I can do that."
Jon snickered just a little bit before he realized that I was serious. We signed up and as it grew closer, I was really quite excited.
It was first thing in the morning when we arrived in Puerto Vallarta. So we boarded a boat that took us to a little business and waited at least 30 minutes for a truck to pick us all up.
Pic taken of Jon while we were waiting for truck- I was really taking a pic of the little brick structure to the side of him-hee hee)
Then on a rather bumpy dirt road, we drove for close to an hour with about 13 other people in the back of a covered truck. I felt a little bit like a member of the Mexican Military.-(lol) The more we drove, the greener it got until we were in the depths of a jungle. Then, we geared up for the big event described HERE.
Sorry, we couldn't take any pics during our Tarzan- like, jungle moves, cuz cameras weren't allowed, but we did buy 1 pics of each of us from the photographer there that "sweetly" charged us $15 a picture. The guides helping all of us on the adventure were so fun and had a great sense of humor, but were so serious and cautious when they needed to be. It was one of the guides that asked Jon if he could call him Juan. (Wait, why didn't I think of that???)
It was the neatest experience and I was fine. The first couple of times I went I was more concerned about when I should start breaking and the speed that I was going, that the height (even though I was surprised at how far up we were) was never really an issue for me. It was also a lot of work. The zip-lining was the easy part. The rope ladder and rope bridges were a little more physical- but I enjoyed every minute of it. (Except the bugs that bit me like 30 times on both legs where my capris didn't cover. I didn't enjoy them-Note to self: next time doing anything in the jungles of Mexico, bring bug spray!) It was a wet and rainy day. We only felt a few drops in the bottom of the jungle when it really started to rain. We had so much tree and plant cover that we really didn't feel much wetness. But after lunch, back on the ship, we went out to explore the city and it was raining quite hard for awhile. It was so humid that I was actually glad for the cool(er) rain.

Unfortunately, I got to take one picture during our shopping trip before my camera battery died.
This concludes the adventures of Juan and Terrrrra. Tune in next year to see where where this crazy couple goes next!
Adios Amigos!

1 comment:

LKP said...

awesome trip!!! =)