Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Royal Caribbean Experience

Our ship was called Mariner of the Seas.
Note: I did not take these pics of the ship...I got them online!

We flew to L.A. and then got on from there. Jon and I boarded the ship on a Sunday and didn't have our luggage yet ( it was being taken to our room) so we walked around looking at everything. The next day we woke up and ate the first of many of our buffet breakfasts. It was quite cold the first day and a half. We didn't go swimming until later in the afternoon when it warmed up.Every Night there was a new show to watch. This was one of our favs. A group that looked and sounded like ABBA.

One night we got an introduction of Captain Johnny (with the mike) and all his crew for the bridge. (It wasn't THE bridge it was just a bridge in the middle of one of the floors) I thought his joke was funny.


We also attended a discussion where you got to ask the Capt'n and crew anything. It was informative!

Jonny and I were surprised that we saw so much sea life from the sides of the ship. We spent hours on the last couple of days just looking at the water. Every few minutes we would see something. Some things we saw included, dolphins, flying fish, turtles, (which is what I think is in this picture) manna rays, whales and whale sharks (which were right next to the ship and where really cool and huge). Of course I didn't get a good picture of any of them- but it was still fun to watch. Here is the solarium where we would relax and watch some sea life or just read. (or nap)

Every night when we came in from dinner and our shows, the maids would make towel- animals and put them on our bed.

I guess they thought it was funny to put our sunglasses on them. (We thought it was)

Here is our cabin



I tried to take many pics of our little bathroom cuz it was so small- but because of the smallness- I couldn't get pics from all angles.




I thought our tiny shower was funny. There was barely enough room for one person.




Our bed. (bigger than a queen but not quite a king and the end was rounded slightly)

Jon hanging out on the balcony


We got to dress up in formal wear for dinner two times on that trip.


The dinners were exquisite.

This was looking over the balcony in our dining room.

Since the price of food was included in the cruise package- you could have more than one of any of the courses. Jon and I always tried 3 or four desserts between the 2 of us.

I mean, come on, how could you pass those up?

Yeah- are you surprised we gained like 5 lbs each?

Next to come: Part 2
The Mexican Ports!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a fun time! You look so beautiful. I look forward to seeing your adventures in part 2.