Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Adventures of Juan and Terrrrrrrrra (Roll your r's)


Cabo San Lucus


or as I like to call it...............Cabo Wabo


(like the sign in this picture below. I think it was a restaurant)



Wanna hear a joke?:


*
*
*


Why are pirates so mean?


I don't know why, they just Aaarrrghh!
(Said with one eye closed while making a deep Arrrrr"- pirate sound)


Except for the gold ones. This (real) guy was really quite nice.

We stopped for lunch and I talked Jonny into ordering this stone bowl of Cactus strips and shrimp. It looked crazy but it was actually pretty dang good. You eat it like fajitas, putting it in tortillas.
I loved these outside markets that sold dried puffer fish (look at the size of that thing) and dried shark mouths.

*
*
*


Okay! Here is my Crazy -Cabo story: There was this lady walking around with this Iguana. She kept putting it on us and telling us to take a picture (in her broken English) I couldn't figure out the gimmick. People loved to try to sell things to tourists (we weren't hard to spot) and would hound us to buy anything. Jon posed with it but I wasn't sure I wanted it on me.


She finally just plopped it on my shoulder. And when I went to walk away, plopped it on my head and told us to take another picture.


At the same time a man came up to me on my left and tried to sell me a silver bracelet. I didn't say 'no' right away cuz there was a giant lizard on me and I was more concerned about that.

My lack of 'no's' told him that I might want that bracelet so before I knew what was going on, he slapped it on my wrist. I felt like I was bombarded and by this time wanted to catch up to my Jonny who had sprinted off to help move us along. I had to tell them both, "off, please"

I started walking away to catch up to Jon when the Iguana lady approached me and said something I wasn't getting about pictures and $2. I kept telling her no thank-you and when I almost caught up to my husband it hit me. (Slap hand to forehead.) Aaahh! The gimmick. She wanted $2 to pose with the iguana) Did I just rip her off? Was I obligated? This city was getting confusing. The Day of the Dead was a big thing there. There were skeletons everywhere. We found our way to an inside mall ( awww! air conditioning) and saw this unique lady that I just had to pose with.

This was our first port. It was dry like the dessert and the beaches were hard to get to. (Had to rent a boat) We didn't get a chance to go to one.

Out of all 3 ports, Cabo Wabo was my least favorite. I think that if we had got out of the tourist-y part of town, it woulda been a better experience. But having little time to explore the city was the trade-off for traveling on a cruise ship. (where you can eat 24 hrs a day btw)-lol


Coming up next: Part 3

Mazatlan

1 comment:

LKP said...

lol. how was the tequila? =D