Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our Canadian Experience...

I'm gonna start with day 2. (Day 1 was fun- but since we went to a food market-place - I didn't really get any good pix) On our first full day, the men left to go fishing at Sund's Lodge. (Nathan stayed behind protect the ladies! Thanx Nathan- Vancouver was a lil' scary!) (Those pix I am gonna hafta post later- Jon let me take the camera- but I will have to bum pics from his bro to post!)
On our 2nd full day, we went to Stanley Park. There we went to: The Aquarium

This is so much fun!

Under water creatures are fascinating to look at!

Is that a sea lion that Jack is cuddling with?- Cute!

We were outside watching the pregnant Beluga Whale- when we stopped for a group shot!

(We were hoping that she would pop while we were there as she was on 24 hr. watch- but no such luck- Meet the new lil' one Here!)

Then we went to see the totem poles:


Where we saw this view of an old light house:

Here is the bridge that we saw from our lunch spot!


I'm such a chicken! Elvon said that we were going to go up Quail mountain and ride in a gondola! I was really excited to ride in an exotic boat in a mountain lake. But when we got up there, I quickly realized that she meant for us to go on a sky-tram ride. They are supported by cables. (CABLES!- c'mon- really?) So, I didn't go ahead to all the fun, but told Carli to capture it on film. (I'm a good mom uh?- I was scared, but sent my children... figure that one out!) Here are a couple of the pix that she took:


On the sky-tram



Gramma Elvon


A bird trainer and her bird, Phil. Bridger put out his arm for the bird to come to him too- they said it was too cute!



They also saw lumber jacks with chainsaws that made all kind of tree- carvingsThe next morning, I could hardly get the kids up!


But we they finally got it together, we went to Victoria Island on a ferry."C'mon Aunt Amy- Isn't Carli good at taking pics?"


It was fun to be on the ferry. It was really large and had resturants and shops. (Of course, I just read my book most of the time!)Once we got there, we went to the Butchart Gardens. It was lovely. So many different flowers and landscapes to look at. This was one of my favs. It was a water show in the valley of the Sunken Garden.Carli got photo- happy!


Carli and Gramma stopped to "smell the roses"!!!




I don't have any pics for this... but we had an "experience" in Victoria. While we were in Canada, there was a tri-athalon going on. We were walking down the street looking at shops in Victoria, when all of a sudden we heard bicycle bells and whooping and hollering. I though, "Oh! The tri-althelethes are gonna ride past us" and got my camera out. All of a sudden my mil says "Oh no- they're naked." THIS rode past us. There was about 50 of them. I quickly had to hide Carli's eyes (the lil' ones were sleeping). It was one of the funniest freakin' things that I ever saw- I just Laughed hard afterward and then had a small talk with Carli- Oh! man!- only in Canada!



The Last day, we went to the Science Center and we let the kiddies play! It was tons of fun- and of course we all had to touch everything! Science is fun, Hon! That night we ate at the Macaroni Grill- I had never been there - but it was soooo good! (And it was in an old, converted mansion!)

All-in all we had a great time! I loved the European influence there in Canada. (I loved the English accents- it felt like I was in a Harry Potter movie!)

What are your plans now that summer is here?!?

4 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

The pictures are gorgeous, really spectacular.

We've talked about a similar trip, but now I know about the Naked bike thing we'll have to schedule it so we don't miss that. J/K How shocking was that?

What a great trip, I didn't realize so many of Jon's family was going. What great memories.

Deborama said...

that sounds like so much fun! I was scared to click on the bike riders but was glad there were no pics! :) That garden is so pretty!

Karey said...

That is hilarious! Yes, Canada is very liberal. I'm not surprized. Wasn't it alittle chilly out to bike ride naked!?

Jan said...

Looks like you had a complete blast. How fun to get away with such good people and enjoy every single moment.

I love going to that area. It is one of my favorites. It is so beautiful everywhere you look.

Glad you got to enjoy some gardens and some nature of the world and on the bikes.. LOL to dang funny for words.