Thursday, March 13, 2008

Book Recommendation!

Bridger and I highly recommend this book!
I have learned to have a appreciation for children's literature. In college, sometimes during my elementary ed. classes, our teachers would stop teaching and just read us a children's book. Sometimes the story was excellant, sometimes the pictures were excellant, sometimes the pictures told their own story. Whatever the reason, I can remember what a realxing experience it was to have a child's book read to you during the hectic day. The kids and I have been going to the library once a week now, and yesterday Bridger and I came accross this book. I thought it had a good message and I thought that it was ironically funny for parents!
It is about a pea that likes to do many things, but one thing that he doesn't like to do is eat his dinner.. which is candy!
But he is a good pea and eat all 5 pieces of his candy- dinner so that he can get dessert. What is dessert you might ask?

Spinach!- He loves it- Yum!

Then they lived "Hap-pea-ly ever after!"

Hope You Have a "Hap-Pea" Day!

6 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Look at your cute new blogger look, so cute.
That book is adorable. I love children's books. My fav's are Wemberly Worried and Chrysanthemum, both by Kevin Henks.

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

That lookes like a good book for children.I know I would read it to my children when I grow up. Thanks for sharing that book.
Bye Bye.

Jan said...

I just saw this on another site of recommendations. It looks so cute. I love the new blog look too. Your so sophisticated. Have a Hapeay day too.

Jan said...

Can you believe there were 5 people at the cooking class from
8th ward. I didn't see anyone else I knew except for them. So funny. I had no idea. I am telling you this so that you can have others to call to give the enrichment class. LOL

Sonja said...

The book sounds great, I will have to check that one out for the kids.

Becky said...

I stumbled across your post and this book jumped right out at me.. it look so cute!! There are so many cute books out there for kids. For example I recently stumbled across a cute new book series called the farm series , by Amanda Lorenzo. The series is about cute little farm animals who take over the management of a farm, after the farmer abandons it. Cute story with beautiful illustrations. I am always excited to see what is the newest and greatest children books.