Monday, March 10, 2008

Projects!- Have to, Need to, Want to...

I have so many projects going on right now. One I have to do, One I need to do, and One I want to do.
???

The Project that I have to do is this Friday. The Relief Society Birthday DInner. I don't mind these- but I feel like this one has pieces all over the place that I am hoping will come together that day (we will see what really happens.) It is the kind of project where I warn my family that normal life will begin again this Sat. when it is all over. I think that it will be fun. Thanks to my mom-in-law for good ideas, we are playing the Eternally Wed Game (like the Newly Wed Game) (this girl is gonna be in it!) and having a pasta bar. Doesn't sound too tough- right?!?

Then there is the project that I need to do. I convinced my hubby that we "needed" a hutch from a thrift shop that I am in the process of painting. I used to love to give a fresh look to an old "something"- and I still do, however- painting the project is killing me. What is the expression? "If I never paint anything again- it would be too soon!" I am more excited about things to put on and in the hutch- rather than actually gettin' it done! I'm a slackin'!- Bigtime (But happy to announce that the top half is painted and needs to be stressed!)This is the b4- I will post the after at a later date!

Then there is the project that I want to do. You know when you see an idea or craft and get totally obbsessed with it- until you do it? (maybe it's just me!) Well, I was stalking blogs the other day and came accross one in Austrailia- where this lady sells these cute little do-hickies. She even called them "shabby chic" (you know I am a sucker for shabby-chic) Anyway- I will do what Miss Mattie and did see how many people can guess what I am gonna make from these:

I have already made a couple and have to wait and do the others in stages. But I should be able to post them when life continues again after this Fri.

Of Course... What I would really, really like to do is curl up on the couch in favorite sockies with a warm cup of hot cocoa and read my newest library checkout:

But all these kids that call me "Mom" would be lost and my laundry is threatening to walk around on its own if I don't take care of it soon!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Ambitious I see and see. Wow. I love it all. We are having a family reunion of sorts this weekend at my parents. The party sounds fun though. Your project is going to be a wall hanging of sorts. Mattie will so appreciate the little inspiration she gave.

Debie Spurgeon said...

You do have a lot going on this week. I'm excited for Friday night. You have had a lot of painting projects lately, everything is turning out great.

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

your going to do some decoration. I think? ;)

l.a.c. said...

how do you do it all? and you always make us great dinners too! does the dinner group provide you with more "creative" time? love the hutch!

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

I like the new background.