Monday, March 24, 2008

Crazy for Cuckoos!

Awhile ago my friend Miss Mattie gave a post where she said that she loved lil' birdies. Around that time, other people that I knew were starting to post their infatuation with birds and birdie stuff too. And all the time I thought, "oh Really? Birds?" They are NOT cuddly and they can be loud and squaky!
But here I am- posting my CRAZY Luv for birdies! (I guess that I am a sucker for good advertizing) Martha's magazine came this month with a "how to" make birdies and nests. I would love to make one (but probably never will). If anyone does, please show me!


I rarely buy nick-nacks- (just DON'T need any more clutter) but couldn't resist these cute lil' chicks at Target. (They match my kitchen wall color!)

BUT then I went to Craft Warehouse, and my knees went weak when I saw their new inventory. BIRDS! Bird cages, bird nest, bird eggs, bird do-hickies....birds, birds, birds...and I loved it all!

I fell in Love with these sweet lil' birds that were vintage looking!

Then I saw these there too. You can't tell by the picture, but they are the faintest color of blue (I put them in the cabinent in my bathroom)

Then awhile back I bought an antique key and have been looking for a hook for it- Of course I had to put in on a birdie hook!

This morning, a little bird landed on a branch outside my kitchen window and I saw its shadow in the house. My first thought was, "Oh! that is so cute, I need a picture of it- or need to make a sillohette of it or something- I have been seeing these same birds all my life- and never thought anything of them!
I think my brain has gone to the birds... or is the expression" gone to the dogs?" Whatever!
Gas prices and food prices are sky- rocketing and I am buying Birds. - I need Help!

What is your CRAZY obsession?

8 comments:

Jan said...

I am crazy for birdies too. I saw that hook as well and almost got one myself. I have birds sitting around our house too. One time we had a bird fly into this house and Eddie got this blanket and trapped it by our fireplace. It was an intense moment watching that thing fly all over the house. We have a little ledge on our front day that little finches hang out on. We can see them in the doors window. I love it. I am crazy for all things in glass and silver combo, birds, metal, rustic woods, bowls, greens, black and metal combo, etc etc. I am Crazy period Terra. You didn't call me yesterday either now that I am thinking about it. I was trying to set up appointments. But after my crazy answer machine episode, why would you call back. I am such a sorry message leaver. See Ya

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love your birdies. I do love all your new decor. I do not, however like real birds very much. We had one once that was abandoned here and I couldn't bring myself to touch it: but cute little yellow fluffy chicks I could cuddle all day. My obsession? I guess lately it's pretty serving dishes and platters.

Karey said...

This is unrelated to Birds, but how do you put a playlist on your blog?

Jodi said...

I'm with Debie...but yours are cute! I especially love the vintage looking ones and the green Target ones. My obsession is antique chairs...don't know why, but I love collecting them.

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

Those are cute birdies. I love birdies.
Bye Bye.

Jodi said...

Totally unrelated to birds or obsessions, but Monica said the 4th book is out...only in hardback though.

Karey said...

Thanks for the help with the playlist. I actually gave it a try right after I wrote to you and figured it out. I'm surprized at how much better blogging has made me at the whole computer thing.
Thanks for taking the time.
PS: I'm CRAZY for John Mayer as you can tell from my playlist. I have all his stuff.

Deborama said...

Im so behind in the decorating, I just threw out all the bird and birdhouse crap decor that was in a few years ago, i could have just painted over the blue's and burgandy and distressed them! :)