Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Mothers' in my Life

There are many women in my life that have touched my life and inspired me.

I am so thankful for my mom. I love how "girly" she encouraged me to be. I think that we both love to shop. My mom and I can get together and have the best time shopping. We can spend hours in a store and come out giggling like school girls. Much of my femininity was encouraged by my mom.
She is such a good Grandma to the kids. They sure get spoiled, and have learned that if Grandma Sharon is going to the store, then they want to go too cuz they always end up coming home with some new toy or gadget(even though they would cut off one of their arms just as soon as go with me!). She is full of love for them and her arms get lonely for their little hugs when they are gone too long! Thanks Mom- for all you do!

I am thankful for my Grandma Ann. I saw my Grandma a lot when I was growing up and learned so many things from her. I remember her showing me how to exercise, sew and some simple swim moves. But I loved the gentle way that she would talk to me. She really listened and was always there. She was also the best cook! I tried to re-created her beef stew many times, but it was always the BEST at Grandma's house.
I am thankful for my Mother- in- Law, Elvon. I know that she considers me to be a daughter of hers, and that means more to me than one can know. She is wise and talented. When I don't know something, I give her a call and she always has an idea to solve my need.
She gave so much love and gudiance to her first born son, who is now a beautful husband and father. I am forever indebted to her!







I am thankful for YOU! I am thankful for your example in my life. Whoever you are, if you are reading this, then you have had some influence on me to which I am so thankful for. Whether you were my yw leader, Sunday school teacher, relative or a true friend, I have watched what you do and how you funtion. YOU have helped me to have strength, endurance and balance in my life. I have been truly inspired by the woman that you are! Thank You!

Have a Beautiful Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Well I am the first one to get to have read that wonderful thing you said about examples, but I am sure that you were hoping for me not to see it, because it doesn't pertain to me. Just look at me and do the opposite things. Then you'll be just fine.....

You have and had wonderful examples of great women and mothers. You are truly blessed. Their examples shine through you.

Amy J. said...

Wow! Cool blog and what amazing examples you have!

l.a.c. said...

each of these fantastic women are so lucky to have you in their lives too! i love how each woman plays an important, but different role...that is what we are all about...celebrating diversity :)

Debie Spurgeon said...

You are so great with slide shows and music, it's like an entertaining show. A+

I agree that the example of those around us is essential to be really successful. I think that's the way it's suppossed to be. There are lots of amazing women in our ward, and some great examples.

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

I love your new background!! Where did you get it?
Bye bye.

Karey said...

It's hard to believe that years have gone by since Bishop Bishop was our Bishop and I was your visiting teacher. Good times. Happy Mama's Day Terra.