Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Chocolate Bomb!


I swear that the 80s are coming back! I can remember every holiday that we had in elementary school that we were supposed to bring a treat in to share for our class party! I can remember sometimes begging my mom to make her molded chocolates! I thought that they were THE BOMB! I can still remember the lil' wreaths that she used to make for Christmas, that were different colors, infused with mint extract. I loved them! Even in church, b4 I was a member, in primary I would only go to church to get candy (My views have changed a lil' bit since) and if I was really lucky, there would be a molded chocolate sucker! But it has been years since I have even seen these, let alone thought about making them!
For an Enrichment activity, we got an idea to make those chocolates. What the Heck!?!? It was such an 80s thing- I didn't think that they would turn out as cute as they did! They are so cute to look at- in cellophane bagies, tied with pretty ribbon in bows! I couldn't believe that they still sold the molds. (Some ladies still had molds from the 80s!)
That was what my kids gave their teachers for Valentine's Day! They are so cute and remind me of my childhood, that I almost want to keep the ones that I have left over on the counter, just to look at them!



What is Your Favorite Candy?

4 comments:

Jan said...

Anything Dark Chocolate. I don't like alot of it, but I do savor it quite nicely. Looks like you women had a blast last night. Rylie put on a Valentine Dinner here. And of course, I was the chef.

l.a.c. said...

cute idea that has resurfaced -- i say, embrace it! a cute idea for easter too :) ! my favorite: anything caramel...soft and gooey!

Debie Spurgeon said...

creamy milk chocolate for sure. The packages did turn out cute didn't they. I didn't get any, but wanted to come home and make some, but did cookies instead.

Karey said...

Dove Chocolate!!