Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Dress- up Doll!

Much to Carli's dismay,
I could put a different dress on her everyday!
How cute and sweet a lil' girl can be
with a dress, shoes and the right accessory!

We go to the store and I want to know,
"Do you like the pink one, or the one with the bow?"

But she says, "I don't want one
and pulls me toward the boy-toys, that to her, look fun!
It makes me sad that we don't agree
She wants to look, "Cool"- but I say "What about we make you Pretty?"

But only a mother can seriously hope
that her tom-boy daughter will someday have to cope....

With her own lil' daughter so sweet and so fair
who loves her mommy fo fuss over her clothes and hair!!!
Please keep in mind that this mother had to beg and say, "please"
To get this daughter to smile and show off her "Cheese!"

4 comments:

Jan said...

She is such a sweetie pie and if she only knew how cute she looks in a dress. Watch out. I love her smile too.

rip said...

I sooo understand. For Christmas, Hubby gave us girls gift certicates for manicures and pedicures. Guess which one absolutely refused?! Embrace her for who she is. She is a doll in her own way.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Her dresses are so cute. My girls preferred to wear the skirt, blouse seperates after they turned 5 or so: it made them feel more grown up. (much to my dismay)

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

The dress is beautiful.