Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Good Life!

Have you ever wanted to go swimming in your indoor pool in Feb., while a maid comes in and tidies up? Well- we got to- for 2 days only! (The kids were in heaven!) No- we didn't go out of town- but we did stay in a hotel! We got our floors refinished and had to stay somewhere for 2 days! We stayed just down the street at the Holiday Inn Express. We just left this morning- and it was a true fight with the kids to convince them that we HAD to leave. Between the swimming and the- anything- you- want- to- eat- contintal- breakfeast- they were hooked!
Sorry- I couldn't get to my camera in the kitchen- (once they began)- so I used Nolan's kids- camera- anyway- you get the idea!

Hot Tubbin'



Hangin' out!


How Come they never act this cute to each other at home?

About a month ago,we called the Cutting Edge Hardwood, and they came and did our floor this weekend.
This is a before pic of the floors. Anyone who has come over- knows how really scratched and yucky they were. (In fact I don't think that I have ever seen worse floors) Even though they don't look bad in this pic!

We had a darker finish put on- even though I think that I would have gone even darker-but it is a nice transition with the maple-colored wood in the rest of the house!


I will have to post more pics when we get the furnitiure moved back in and everything is more normal!

3 comments:

Jan said...

The floors turned out beautiful. I love them.. So rich looking and shiny. The fact that you went to a hotel is marvelous. No big gas bill and all that packing up everything just to go. Must be really relaxing. I am going to book my in town vacation too.

Debie Spurgeon said...

The floors look great!! We also LOVE hotel stays. The breakfast, no clean up, etc.

Sonja said...

It sounds like you had loads of fun swimming! And the floors look great.