Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Girls Night Out!

A few weeks ago, Carli came up to me and said that she wanted to talk to me. Then it all came out. She was so sad and didn't know who "she " was. I think that I forget sometimes all that I expect out of her. She is the 2nd mom to the two boys, Nolan's competitor, a 1st grade student, and the only girl in her family,( not to mention all the emotional baggage that she carries around from just being female- so unfair). I think that sometimes she has a hard time being Nolan's shadow (other times she eats it up!) So I thought that it was time for (What will be the first of many) a Girl's Night Out! I called up these lovely gals:

we piled into the ol' mini-van and had a blast! It was good for Carli to have another lil' girl to play with (Just for her- not her brothers). I had been toying with the idea of making a craft (Carli loves crafts- but I don't often get to do them with her). I can remember my Aunt Winnie loved to do ceramics when I was growing up (I still put out the nativity scene that she painted for me every Christmas). So, feeling sort of "artsy- fartsy" we went Here! And Made These:

Carli's Dolphin


Our friend, Leah made a rainbow jewelery box
Her mom, Saralyn, made a mosiac -coat- hook plaque to hang in her room!
So cute!
And I painted this vase. Now I have to get
a flower arrangement to put in it
(Although I am not sure that I am lovin' the way it turned out!)


After we painted, we had ice cream at Mcdonald's where we saw the bishop- (I guess he was having a boys night out cuz he was with the missionaries- hee hee!) As we were painting, Carli said that she was having the best time ever! It made me feel good- and I realized that we need to take these time outs for just us! When it gets warmer, we want to get pedicures. But until then, I don't have any other ideas. Can anyone think of something that we can do- that doesn't cost as much as painting ceramics (not el-cheap-o) that would be fun?

5 comments:

Jan said...

Oh how fun. I love all that you guys did. I am glad that you had some girl time too. I loved seeing the picture of sweet Saralyn. I miss her.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Artsy Fartsy is a blast!! I'm telling ya' Hannah Montana this Friday night. That's where all the cool girls will be.

Karey said...

My girls and I have had a girls night out where we went swimming, then out to eat, did alittle shopping, rented a movie and laid on the floor together watching it. I fell asleep with them on the floor like promised them I would (then I snuck upstairs into my own cozy bed). They always ask when we'll do it again. Sometimes, something as easy as going to the Dollar Store together is fun!

terramisu said...

Thanks Karey- I never thought about a sleepover in front of the tv with her! She would LOVE it! And of course, I would sneak upstairs to my own bed!

Sonja said...

Wow, sounds like you had tons of fun. I've always wanted to see what Artsy Fartsy is all about :) BTW - check your email, you've got an invite!