Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dinner Group

This summer we joined a dinner group! (Probably one of the smartest things we have ever done!) The group that we joined had been doing it for 2 years. We make 4 dinners (3 more other than ours) and deliver them (hot- and ready to eat) around dinner time to 3 other families. My night is on monday. Then the rest of the week, (Tues, Wed, Thurs.) I sit back and dinner is delivered to us. It is so great to come home from the kid's piano practice at 5pm and not have to make a rushed dinner before Jon comes home! It is also great because everyone has different cooking styles and we are always surprised by what is for dinner. Jon and I have really enjoyed it. The kids feel the same about it as they do about my dinners (Sometimes they eat it- sometimes they don't).
This is what I made this week. (Our ward recently did a cookbook and I got some super yummy recipes out of it!) This one came from a good friend of mine! Jon said that it was like eating a burrito- He even gave me a kiss and thanked me for it. (Something that he does when he really likes a meal!- although he doesn't really realize that he does it!)

Stacked Enchilada Bake
12-14 Corn Tortillas (I used flour tortillas the first time I made this and I think that we liked it better!)

2 cans chili

1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce

1 1/2 cup shredded cheese

3 medium green onions, diced

Topping:

Shredded lettuce

Chopped tomatoes

Chopped Avocados

Sour cream

Salsa

Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x9 casserole dish. Place warmed tortillas in the casserole dish to cover enchillada sauce. Top the tortillas with chili, diced green onions, cheese and a small amount of enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle the remaning cheese and pour the leftover enchilada sauce on the top layer of tortillas. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees until bubbly around the edge. Top each serving of the casserole with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avacados, sour cream, and salsa.

I Love food- (no wonder why I can't loose this baby weight- huh!) I will have to post more recipes. Maybe have like a "Food Friday" and share a favorite recipe. I will think about it! If you have a fav. recipe, share it with me- I am always looking for cheap, easy meals to make in large quanities!

-Oh yeah- You probably want to know what I did with the dining set! Well- the furniture store is gonna take back the table. (They are coming for it today!) I will keep the chairs (Because I love them and I can't have upholsterd chairs with 4 kids). And I ordered This table! Don't worry- this one I have actually seen at a furniture store- so- there is no guessing this time!


2 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Hey Terra, What a great blog. I think you made the right decision on the table, too bad though because it's adorable! You'll find the right one. I've been trying to find the right couch for over a year, but haven't yet. Patience will pay off. Love your blog, check ours out- we just started!

Karey said...

Tell me more about this dinner group.Sounds like a great idea!