Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Out with the Old... In with the New!

We ordered a new dining set and were told that it would take 8-12 weeks for delivery. The furniture store called today and they have it ready for us. (It has only been 2 weeks) This one was free for us 10 years ago. It isn't much to look at, but we have had 10 years worth of meals on it- and have fond memories with it. I am sad to see it go- but it is time to welcome a new family dining room table into our home- Our new one will have enough seating for our whole family and some guests too! I just posted our old one on Craig's list and it sold within 15 minutes. I wiped it down for the last time tonight! When I think of all of the funny jokes (okay- not so funny) that the kids made up while we were eating dinner around it or when we caught Carli flicking rice that she didn't want to eat underneath it and had a good laugh about it, I grow a little sad!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

I can totally understand how a piece of furniture can hold so many memories. Thankfully, we haven't outgrown our kitchen table so I get to keep it awhile longer :)