Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just Brilliant!

Our good friends, The Norrs tell us a story about a family they knew back east that had 10 kids. When asked the story of their success in raising these kids the couple says, "Well, after number 5 you either get organized or you die." Organizational death seemed to have been headed in our direction, but I took a class through Kennewick Community Education and learned some amazing tips.

In our cabinet, Jon has always had these canvas totes for his t-shirts....


But they always looked like this.

Thanks to my class, they now look like this! Wow! I can see every shirt! And now Jon doesn't just wear the ones on the top! (and yes, my Jonny like a lot of t-shirts!)

But perhaps the biggest change was in out closet. I am embarrassed to show that my shelves looked like this.

But after purchasing some baskets for support....


Ahh! Much better!
The teacher in the class even convinced me to Alphabeticalitize my spices. I wasn't sure at first if I could keep it up- but after seeing the final result, I am soooo excited to try to keep this lookin' good! (I don't have a b4 pic, but believe me- you don't want to see it anyway!)
This magazine also has great tips!!!
(Just picked my copy up at Walmart!!!)

(Note to self: Buy a label maker!)

5 comments:

Jan said...

Wow Terra. You are showing us all up here. Great job on all the basket doings. Love the look too.

Amy J. said...

So when are you teaching a class for Enrichment?...I'm not joking! :)

terramisu said...

Amy-
I still need LOTS of help! I am NOT the one to teach it! I promise! But thanks for the compliment!!!

Unknown said...

I have had a label maker for years and years and I couldn't live without it! They are great for all kinds of things!

Debie Spurgeon said...

i get way too carried away with label makers. I'd have a label on the front door, the refridgerator, my kids foreheads :)