Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My First Tutorial

I just learned this and had people ask me how these were made. I have seen other tutorials...so here goes!

First, Make a batch of cupcakes. (I used my new favorite... Butter Pecan from a mix).


Then take a bag of white choc. chips and melt them in the microwave. (I did about 1/3 of a bag at a time) Be careful not to burn them.

Then cover a baking sheet with wax paper. Using the back of your spoon, start to shape the head and arms of you ghost.
Then spread the w. chocolate on down to make the bottom of your ghost.Add 2 chocolate sprinkles for eyes. And put them in the fridge to harden.
Meanwhile, frost your cupcakes with orange frosting (I cheated and used some out of a can and added yellow and red food coloring). Add spinkles of your desire. Then slice your cupcakes right down the middle. (you may only want to slice it just in the middle so that the edges are still in tact depending on how wide your ghosts are.Peel your ghosts off of the waxed paper.
Slide your ghosts in the slot.

Ta Da!!! Give away as gifts or let your kids inhale!

4 comments:

us8now9.blogspot.com said...

Thanks - that was great! Where do you get all of your creative ideas?

Debie Spurgeon said...

Those are cute, you are super creative in the cake department. I love white chocolate. Can I add my name to your dinner group without having to participate myself? Just wondering.

rip said...

Thanks so much! I'm going to have to try them.
Add me to the list with Deb too!

Jodi said...

Those are sooooo cute!! I'll have to try my hand at it.