Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Book Recommendation!

I found this lil' treasure in a thrift shop this weekend. I got done reading it today. The movie is one of my favorites, but I didn't even know that there was a book that it was based off of. This is a beautiful story, no matter if you read it or watch it. I knew what was coming and I still had tears in my eyes at the end. This book had many good messages. One that stuck with me was not to take things for granted.

Things I Hope I Never Take For Granted:

My Hubby- this is always hard b/c we don't see each other much anymore and when we do- we have 4 kids to think about, talk about and that are ready to interupt us. But he is a good man and he means so much to me. I appreciate all he does for me and our kids.

That the Lord always answers my prayers. No matter how serious or petty, He never ceases to bless me!

My house. We are really lucky to have a house that fulfills all of our needs.

My health. I have never had any serious health problems, but have watched family members suffer at times. I need to start excersising regualrly (my hubby is inspiration in this). But I am thankful for the Word of Wisdom. (Yeah- I know I can do w/o that fourth cookie and vanilla coke too- don't judge me:)

Family- Kids, parents,grand-parents, in-laws, and all. We are richly blessed with good people that love us. We are always thankful for what they teach us!

Friends- I have lived in 3 different states and we have made so many good friends that have been like our family. We Love you all. Thanks for listening to me, watching the kids or putting up with me bugging you about your good recipes.

I know that Nicholas Sparks has wrote "The Notebook," which was also a lovely story (I have only seen the movie). Has anyone ever read anything else that he wrote?! I am curious! (I don't think I have ever read a big love story,like this one, from a male author).

4 comments:

rip said...

What a nice post! I felt the sincerity in your words. Gratitude is a wonderful emotion to share.

p.s. I have The Notebook if you want to read it. I haven't read it yet, so I don't have an opinion on it, but you are welcome to borrow it. (How many times can I type "it" in a sentence?!)

Debie Spurgeon said...

I did love that movie. I love a good love story. (how many times can I type the word love in a sentence.)

Karey said...

I have read that book too!

Sonja said...

Nicholas Sparks is on my list, I just need to start borrowing them from the library.