Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spin Cycle Mayhem!

So I learned that there is one more thing that should never be taken for granted! Of couse I learned this the hard way.......

Remember how I am always saying that the Laundry and me don't get along well together, and it is really not fun when you have 593 loads of laundry to do in a week (no exaggeration there). Well- I guess that the Lord is trying to teach me a lesson.

The washer broke last night. It is a great front loader that we just bought 2 yrs. ago. I think that it is an electrical problem (that is what the code it keeps beeping at me says anyway- it won't spin) the repair man can't come until friday! And I was just thinking that we have more laundry than usual too. So at first I thought, "well I guess I actually have a reason not to do laundry,- Yea!" but then after the kids got dressed for school this morning, I didn't think that we could wait that long to do it. So here was my idea.
It works- but it is NOT fun to do. I love my washer and will never take it for granted again!

Does anyone have an antique ringer?
Hope you get better soon, washer- We Miss You!

8 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Your clothes in the tub is hilarious. I'm impressed you'd go to those lengths, I'd just let them pile up until the washer is fixed. You know you can come throw a load in here.
Bridger apparantly loves the washer too. That looks like one big hug for an electrical appliance.

Jodi said...

I probably shouldn't say that's funny...but our dryer broke yesterday in my desperate attempt to catch up on all our laundry. I'll let you use my washer if you let me use your dryer!! :) That'd be pretty slow, huh?

Jan said...

I can not believe my eyes. That shot of the clothes in the tub is priceless. But I feel your pain. My head would be spinning with frustration for sure. Maybe you could go to Jodis and wash clothes and then Jodi could go to your house and dry clothes. Laundry just got funner. Right. Love the pictures. They are great.

Deborama said...

I would let you come here to do laundry but you would have to wade through my sea of dirty clothes in what once was a laundry room. Can't live without, vaccum, microwave, washer/dryer.

Kori said...

That is a lot of handwashing! I am not a big fan of laundry myself. It was fun hanging out today. I will try to make sure I get to the lunches on Thursdays. Colby had so much fun!

Karey said...

You're a trooper! I would have just gone to the landry mat!

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

Sorry to hear about your laundry. I really wouldn't want my clothes being washed in the bath tub. Hope you get it fixed.
Bye bye.

Sonja said...

Knowing myself, I'd probably let it pile up too or buy more. I'm impressed that you did them in the bathtub, it couldn't have been fun! Thank heavens we live in a time when laundry machines are common. I'd go crazy if we had to regress back to the early 1900's.