Monday, April 7, 2008

Chaos at Costco!

So I guess that this is one of those days where a mother needs validation (Elder Ballard's Talk- was on YouTube- I put it on the side of my blogspot- even though you can't see all of him- you can still hear it- don't forget to pause the music) I'm thinking of making wallet sized copies for Jon and the kids!)
My efforts today felt pointless with one particular child! Here is the thing. Nolan goes out on an errand with me or Jon and he is great! However, if we take 3 or all 4 of the kids- Nolan causes more problems than all of them together- no really! We met Jon today for lunch at Costco. From the minute we got in the store- it was a mess. Anything we found that was not bolted down, he picked up and hit his sister with. My favorite, was when he hit her with an empty paper cup and she wailed like a wolf! (yet when I bumped her with the cart by accident (and I think I got her pretty good) she was fine and shrugged it off) The poor kid lost some of his privileges for 2 days. I am running out of things for them to do over spring break. (it's too bad we are not having happy weather so they can just go outside!) I just have to remember the times when they have(and occasionally still do) get along. Right?!?

This Halloween there was no fighting over candy- Its hard to fight when your sis. doesn't even know what candy is!)

Look at this, no one is fighting for that little orange traffic cone Carli is eating- it's hard to believe!

Again- no fighting. They aren't even looking at the same toy!

What? They are laying next to each other- and no one is crying?- They are even smiling? What were we giving the kids?

Is that almost a cuddle?


I don't want my kids to grow up (okay, just a lil' bit mentally on days like this)- I love them and cherish the time they are little!


Question- Can we still drop off our kids at school even though it is Spring Break?

Tomorrow- we are going to Walmart to spend their Easter $. (Of Course, this was suggested b4 our trip to Costco today!) Enter Wal-mart at your own risk tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jan said...

So cute pictures of your family. No you cannot drop them off Terra. I am sorry. Endure to the end is our motto. Kudos to you and your a wonderful mother. And friend and wife and everything.

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

Those are cute pictures. Thanks for helping me with the music. You have great post about your kids.
Bye bye.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I was just thinking the same exact thing yesterday when I took only Dallin out and it was so nice and pleasant to talk and be together. This makes me believe that it's the age that makes these boys think that they need to dominate or something. No, you can't drop them off at school, but you can drop Nolan off here. I'll call you and set something up because he's an angel when he's here.

rip said...

Sweet pictures! I love that you have Elder Ballards talk on your sidebar. Those kinds of talks seem to come just in time to save our kids lives!

Karey said...

Playdates work great on those "horrible" spring break days.